- Former College and Career Counselor, Mira Costa High School
- M.A. in Counseling, Loyola Marymount University
- Certificate in College Counseling, UCLA
- MFA, Creative Writing, Bennington College
- B.A., History, UCLA
- Former Program Director, Test Prep Gurus
- ACT/SAT Tutor, Tier One Tutors
- Former Assistant Director of Admissions, Sacred Heart University
- Former Manager, Division I Men’s Basketball, Quinnipiac University
- M.Ed., Education, Chapman University
- B.A., Communication, Chapman University
- Admissions Consultant, Pomona College
- Senior Assistant Director of Admission, University of Richmond
- University Programs Manager, Riot Games
- Assistant Director of Admission, University of Southern California
- Youth Education Series Facilitator, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- B.A. in Public Relations, University of Southern California
About Collegewise Los Angeles South Bay
In the Riviera Village, just one short block from the beach, Collegewise Los Angeles South Bay has counseled 275 students and guided the submission of more than 2000 applications since we opened our doors in 2013. Our office is bright and colorful, covered in college pennants, posters, and Katherine's ever-growing collection of coffee mugs from colleges around the world.
Once they’re finished with all their applications, students get to ring a big, loud bell in our waiting room with unbridled joy. We like to photograph that moment and immortalize it on a certificate to send home to the family.
of applications submitted by Christmas
different universities admitted our class of 2017 students
the national admit rate to USC
What are people saying about Collegewise Los Angeles South Bay?
Collegewise helped me stay sane throughout the whole college application process. I felt extremely confident turning my applications in, and I was finished with my applications earlier than expected. When it came down to choosing a college, I felt as though I knew enough about each school to make the right choice.
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
My counselor (and the Collegewise program) made finding the perfect college so easy. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience! I felt so relieved after every single appointment, and whenever I had a problem with an application, I knew that I could go to my counselor and that she would help me no matter what.
Texas Christian University
I am extremely grateful I had my counselor and Collegewise to help me with the college application process. My counselor was a calming presence for me and made finding the right college more fun. And even as application season rolled around, I had the majority of my apps done before my senior year had even begun.
University of North Carolina Asheville
My experience with Leigh and Katherine was excellent. They really helped me express who I am and tell my personal story in my college applications. Thanks to our brainstorming sessions, I found the message I wanted to portray. Katherine and Leigh were my lifeguards in a riptide of college applications!
I really enjoyed my Collegewise experience! I really connected with my counselor, and I felt like she listened to me and my concerns at all times. I was shocked by how many schools I was accepted to. Collegewise did an amazing job of finding schools that were a perfect fit for me. I’d do it all over again if I could!
San Diego State University
It was great to have my counselor to help keep me on track. It was also nice to have someone who was an admissions officer help choose the right colleges for me. I never expected myself to go to Chapman without the help of my counselor.