- Former Executive Director, Parents Education League of Los Angeles
- Successful career as a film commercial and music video producer
- Member of National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- Member of Western Association for College Admission Counseling (WACAC)
- Former Assistant Director/Program Specialist, USC Marshall School of Business
- Former Scholarship Auditor and International Field Study Staff, University of Southern California
- B.A. and Peer Counselor, University of California at Berkeley
- Executive Director, Parents Education League
- UCLA College Counseling Certification Program
- Ph.D., Political Science, UC-Irvine
- M.A., Social Science, UC-Irvine
About Collegewise Los Angeles
Collegewise Los Angeles has been infusing passion and expert insight into the college admissions process since 2004. Nearly 500 students and more than 5000 applications later, we’re more excited and more committed to our craft than ever.
We love supporting our students and are known to host our seniors on the occasional fall Saturday to have lunch on us while they work on applications, polish essays, practice interviews, and get some extra counseling. We also open our beautiful office (with a view!) to college reps when they're in the area to interview prospective students.
the national admit rate to USC
of students admitted to a top 3 choice university in 2017
What are people saying about Collegewise Los Angeles?
I had a fantastic experience with Collegewise! The whole process was smooth, and because of my counselor’s help, I am going to my top choice college! My counselor guided and advised me from beginning to end, whether I was exploring different schools, writing essay drafts, or perfecting my final application.
CollegeWISE’s name fits. Our counselor left both of our girls in awe. They started off early and in a panic. By the end they were headed to their dream schools.
Katy Champ, Parent of Kathryn Champ
Johns Hopkins University
My counselor has inspired me beyond the scope of high school and college. Not only did he help me find the perfect place to spend the next four years of my life, but he also taught me so many lessons and skills that I will continue to use in building my future. His advice will stay with me forever.
As a former admissions officer, our counselor was able to quickly read my son’s application and provide insightful comments. The end result? AdMITted in December and comMITted in April to his top choice school.
Working with our college advisor was the best decision we made as a family. Our counselor was able to craft a realistic but aspirational college list that resulted in a high acceptance rate. She listened to this parent’s hopes and fears and answered every call, text and email.
Gina Fiore, Parent of Ally Walsh
It was actually my counselor who introduced me to the school I would end up attending. She helped me to better understand myself and the type of school I wanted. Through Collegewise, I was able to write an essay that I was proud of, and I received help in navigating the crazy world that is college applications.